This Privacy Statement sets out how United Overseas Bank Hong Kong (“UOB Hong Kong”, “we”, “us” or “our”) manage your personal information and other information (“personal information”) provided to us in relation to the activities, initiatives and the website of UOB Art Academy set up by UOB Hong Kong.
Collection of your personal information
For the purpose of participating into the activities or competitions organized under UOB Art Academy or making online purchase on UOB Art Academy’s website, you are requested to provide certain personal information such as, but not limited to, the following:
- (i) your name and gender;
- (ii) contact details, including your telephone number, correspondence address and email address;
- (iii) information for the verification of identity, including date of birth, types of identification documents and identification number;
- (iv) any other information as may be required by UOB Hong Kong and/or our respective service suppliers, intermediaries, agents, business partners or representatives from time to time;
- (v) payee name for cheque issuance, and the relationship between the payee and the award recipient (applicable to winners of the Emerging Artists / Student Category);
- (vi) Name of school you are attending (applicable to winners of the Emerging Artists / Student Category);
- (vii) responses to our surveys to which you responded.
Purpose and Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information for all or any of the following purposes:
- (i) to process and manage your application to join our competitions, event participations, newsletter subscription, or product purchase;
- (ii) to operate UOB Art Academy programmes in order to maintain an up-to-date and accurate database;
- (iii) to respond to, handle and process any enquires submitted by you;
- (iv) to communicate with you about programme-related announcements;
- (v) to improve the content and related services, and for statistical and other analysis, to help us improve UOB Art Academy website and programme activities;
- (vi) to receive marketing promotional materials issued by UOB Hong Kong and/or UOB Art Academy;
- (vii) for our own internal records, research and statistical purposes;
- (viii) when permitted by law or regulation, and as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities, for the protection of persons or property or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- (ix) for any other purpose pertaining to UOB Hong Kong.
You may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone, SMS or other communication means (where applicable) which you provided to us for UOB Art Academy programme when fulfilling the above purposes.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any commercial purposes. We may provide your personal information to service providers engaged by us solely for the purpose of UOB Art Academy programme in accordance with the “Purpose and Use of your personal information” of this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of your personal information
Data held by us relating to UOB Art Academy’s stakeholders will be kept confidential but we may provide such information to the following parties notwithstanding that the recipient’s place of business is outside Hong Kong including Singapore, for the purposes set out in “Purpose and Use of your personal information”:
- (i) any UOB Bank Group Company , agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities cleaning, data processing, debt collection, marketing or other services to us in connection with the operation of UOB Art Academy programme;
- (ii) any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- (iii) any person to whom UOB Hong Kong is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on UOB Hong Kong, including any legal, governmental or regulatory authorities, whether in Hong Kong, Singapore or elsewhere or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which UOB Hong Kong is expected to comply;
- (iv) any actual or proposed assignee of UOB Hong Kong or participant or sub-participant or transferee of UOB Hong Kong’s rights in respect of the UOB Art Academy programme;
- (v) any person with your express consent;
- (vi) any external service providers (including but not limited to event management agencies, mailing houses, telecommunication companies, telemarketing and direct sales agents, call centres, data processing companies and information technology companies) that we engage for the purposes set out in the “Purpose and Use of your personal information” of this Privacy Statement.
We automatically collect certain information about visitors to our websites, whether or not you are registered or logged in.
Our websites may create cookies which are stored on your computer to recognise you on return visits and to collect additional information about you. You can disable cookies on your web browser, however if you do so you may not be able to access all parts of our websites.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Under certain circumstances, UOB Hong Kong or our service providers may set one or more cookies on your computer which will assist in providing the services that you have requested. These cookies are set where you are interacting with our system for UOB Art Academy to perform one or more of the following: authentication of your identity, registration for the event, participation of surveys or polls etc. Cookies may be stored for a defined period or automatically deleted following that session.
Protection of your personal information
We take appropriate measures to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure.
Retention of your personal information
We will ensure personal information is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by us in accordance with our internal policy.
External links in UOB Art Academy website
UOB Art Academy website may, on occasion, contain links to other websites. These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by us of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of any external site or for that of subsequent links.
Access to Information
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong. Please contact the Data Protection Officer at the address listed at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to such request.
Amendment and Opt-out
If you would like to:
- (i) amend your personal information provided to us; or
- (ii) request us to stop sending you direct mailings,
please contact the Data Protection Officer at the address listed at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Note: In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
The Data Protection Officer
United Overseas Bank Limited Hong Kong Branch
P.O. Box 668, General Post Office